CPN - CARPATHIAN GOLD INC

Canadian Junior Gold and Silver - research report, mine visit report, discussion, comments, information for a specific company. Hui commentary by Dsquare.

Moderator: coach247

GWR

I like this stock

Post by GWR » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:11 pm

I have been buying this for a couple of weeks and know where all the 6 million plus shares went on the last big cross at .28. I hear they have a good shot to prove up over 10 million ounces and there are 3 companies who have had discussions with Carpathian, two majors and one intermediate size. This has the potential to be a very large tonnage low grade deposit that will yield a very high yearly gold produciton rate that any major would covet, especially Barrick with their toxic hedge book. The deposit is potentailly 1000 x 1000 x 300 metres and still open at depth.

My favourite place is Mexico for gold/silver stories and ECU is my absolutely favourite with a minor in UC but some diversity in low risk geo-political locals is prudent. I also like Nevada and to a lesser degree Mongolia. I have a couple of flyers in Africa but there very high risk as is Russia.
tmp_huesos

Post by tmp_huesos » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:03 pm

Jaco, thanks for posting this. Ever since entering the stock, I've been curious as to why no one could see the numbers being proven up. The possibility of institutional money flow into the stock is something I guessed at but had not uncovered. The main thing I'm hoping for now is no buyout as hinted at the bottom of the article. Those things always cut my long term plans by half.
Jaco

CPN

Post by Jaco » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:52 am

muskoka

not a negative

Post by muskoka » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:53 am

Hi huesos

I didn't mean to imply it is not a great investment, but I can only follow so many stocks closely and CPN was a short term investment in an undervalued stock so I am happy to make some decent money.

That being said I left a lot of money on the table, but I do not worry about that. My core stocks are more important.

I am quite firm about "where" I want to invest, and Romania and Hungary are outside my investment areas of: Mexico, Nevada and Canada.

All the best, congrats on doing well with this one!

Doug
tmp_huesos

Post by tmp_huesos » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:22 pm

This issue continues to post gains on decent volume in a less than postive enviornment for the sector as a whole. You sure you want to write it off early in here Doug?
muskoka

sold

Post by muskoka » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:51 am

sold my 5M shares this morning, not a core position so happy to add to cash.

Doug
tmp_huesos

volume

Post by tmp_huesos » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:34 pm

The seven million plus volume has got to be primarily from the cross that has been widely discussed but does'nt account for the total number of shares traded. It may help to keep in mind that this project is probably drawing interest from european investors who are closer in proximity and not frightened of the political situation in country. Comparisons to Gabriel must be driving some of this buying.
dcpc

Post by dcpc » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:15 pm

A director, Kevin Flaherty, has bought 200,000 shares this month to hold over 300,000 in total.
David
muskoka

6.9 million shares

Post by muskoka » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:03 pm

big volume, shares up .06 large block and market buying, wonder what's up?

Doug
muskoka

insider buying

Post by muskoka » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:57 pm

just checked SH posts, some positive posts there and reports of insider buying - I will hold off selling for a bit.

Doug
muskoka

took some off the table

Post by muskoka » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:54 pm

Took some profits and now down to just 5M shares to keep an eye on it.
I may sell them also this week as I have credit left in my $500.00 free trading allowance when I switched over to DisnatDirect.

Talked to the geo for a few minutes at the PDAC and even tho he seemed like a solid guy and positive it is a bit hard for me to understand - and out of my "country comfort".

Likely a big winner sometime in this resource bull run but I will be just hanging onto plays I understand for the long term.

Doug
tmp_huesos

Post by tmp_huesos » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:37 pm

Probably no need to rush in but it could be time to revive the discussion on this stock. I think this is a unique geograhical area that presents an opportunity not usually seen in the mining sector. Too remote and with a bad past political enviornment to allow much in the way of exploration. The impression of the current political profile continues to frighten the bulk of investment money away. This may not be justified as shown by the operations of GBU and the underlying support of Newmont. The time may be approaching to take another look at CPN.
dcpc

Post by dcpc » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:01 pm

The CEO of Carpathian Gold is a director of Yamana.

This presentation on the company site gives a pretty good introduction:
http://www.carpathiangold.com/popup/CPN ... 20(v3).pdf

(the URL does not work unless cut and pasted)

I notice that they are trying to sell all of the Hungarian prospects.

The recent drilling produced some copper intersections, but not very exciting as yet: http://www.carpathiangold.com/pressRELEASESS37.html The best was 14m of 0.83% Cu

The October press release reported some worthwhile gold intersections: http://www.carpathiangold.com/pressRELEASESS34.html

Is there a need to rush in?
David
muskoka

CPN - CARPATHIAN GOLD INC

Post by muskoka » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:14 pm

I just picked up 20,000 shares @ .20 blind. Called IR about Plexmar and he also suggested I look at www.carpathiangold.com

All he had to mention was that the Yamana guys are buyers and - insiders and institutions own 68% of the shares and adding and this was verified on the website www.carpathiangold.com/organization.html

Anyone know anything about CPN, or know the mgt at Yamana well enough to inquire about their connections with CPN?

Doug